New Amtrak cafe car menus (Aug 2022)

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After reading the reviews I am not thrilled about the new Cafe Menu. The food in Delta First class air is what I feel quick meals should be all about. They are moist, seasoned properly and tasty. While I do not eat them I recall that some TV dinners were actually superior in taste to what Amtrak has on the cafe and with "flexible" dining. Last time we ordered those flexible meals they were so bad we threw them out. The next time the cafe steward said would you like a burger? It was actually much better than the flexible meal.

Yeah, I think what I have in mind is something more than "regional specialties." I'm not talking Chicago style dogs. (Though, there's nothing wrong with that...or Italian Beef, or Eli's Cheesecake, or something Vegan from, say, Chicago Diner..and, it COULD be done, practically, fresh, and without extreme expense. Though it would take a little more than a microwave.) I think "next level" tasty food can be done well with the right people in charge, at any level. If Levy were in charge, for instance.

As the Washington Post article makes clear, there's typical traveling/airport food and there's real food at the airport. It could be the same with trains, thoughtfully and creatively accomplished. And it doesn't, necessarily, have to be an expensive dinner menu.

Last edited:
Back