New Amtrak Cascades Trains

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SeattleGuy

Does anyone know which of the scheduled Amtrak Cascades trains (Seattle to/from Portland/Vancouver BC) are the newer Talgo 8 cars owned by Oregon DOT? They're so much brighter and more pleasant than the dingy, dark, and dated Talgo 6 cars with the leather seats that look like they're from That 70s Show.

My understanding (and experience) is that WSDOT and Amtrak own the older Talgo 6; I'm not sure whether ODOT exclusively runs Talgo 8 or not. The PDF schedule does not include train model info.

Thanks

My understanding is that all Cascades run on a rotating schedule, so every xx weeks they are in Seattle to undergo scheduled maintenance. Thus, there is no specific run they would be on all the time.

My understanding is that all Cascades run on a rotating schedule, so every xx weeks they are in Seattle to undergo scheduled maintenance. Thus, there is no specific run they would be on all the time.
That is correct, except for the Seattle-Vancouver 516-519 pair where the trainset stays on that run. And is a Series 6.

Interestingly while walking past King Street today it looks like one of the two Talgo 6 sets have been removed from track 1. It’s been sitting there for almost a year so I wonder if it’s headed somewhere?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back