New Amtrak Guest Rewards Master Card - Fall 2015

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I received same email saying my card was mailed 9/21. Since this was exactly one week after I applied and was accepted Monday, September 14, for a "new" AGR card, I am believing that it took until yesterday 9/21 before any cards were mailed as they did the set up operations for the new card. Also, I received during the past week two separate hard copy letters affirming my approval. Those letters also included my credit rating so apparently such a check was made to affirm my credit worthiness. Being that I live in Nashville with no direct Amtrak service i only applied for the Platinum no fee card. After earning the bonus, I'll have to weigh whether I want to charge future Amtrak trips to the BofA card or rather charge the Amtrak travel to my American Aadvantage card since my AA card is my main card for all expenditures other than similar travel type cards from Amtrak and hotels. I actually have to fly to connect to an Amtrak train anyway.

Yes, I've received four letters! Two duplicate approval letters, one denial (later reversed ) and then one about a duplicate application that was disregarded.

The online BofA Application Status Center now tells me my application has been approved (after a 5 day "pending" period) and the card will appear in 7-10 days. Whatever.

The main thing that means to me at the moment is that I don't have to make another redemption before 9/30 in order to insure the 5% rebate to my AGR account.

Is BoA going to reach out to Chase card holders, or do we need to seek the new one out? Seems odd they wouldn't be doing a marketing blitz.

Is BoA going to reach out to Chase card holders, or do we need to seek the new one out? Seems odd they wouldn't be doing a marketing blitz.
They reached out to at least some of us with an offer for their generic card before the AGR card was available.

Whew. My upgrade and companion coupon finally showing up in my AGR account. I was approved last Monday afternoon. Funny, because I inquired with BoA last night if they can match the AGR number on my Amtrak card to my actual AGR account and they told me I'd have to contact AGR (which I didn't bother with, since I haven't received my card yet).

Has anyone actually received a card yet? I've been approved for one myself, and am wondering about whether the card will actually arrive in 7-10 days after approval, as they said it would.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was approved 9/12 and just got the email and the coupons in my account today. I'm hoping the card comes before a major purchase I want to make on the 29th which would take care of the majority of the $1000 required spend.

The email I got claimed the card was mailed on 9/21 and would arrive in 5-7 business days.

If it was actually mailed on Monday (9/21), then it should arrive this week, perhaps as soon as tomorrow. The full 5-7 business day time frame implies that it would arrive between next Monday (9/28) and Wednesday (9/30). The letter did say to contact the bank if the card doesn't arrive within the 5-7 business days.

I would like to start working on the required spend as well. Although not all at one time, just everyday expenses.

I received my card today! I live in New Jersey, just outside of Philly...so it didn't have to travel that far from DE, but hopefully it can give you guys some indication of progress.

Now...the only thing that remains is the Club Acela pass. I haven't received that yet.

I was lucky I guess, because I was booking an Amtrak trip and there was a link to apply for the card during payment so I used that link. After it was approved online it filled in the credit card info on Amtrak's website and let me book the trip using the new card, and it also gave me the card number, expiration, and CVV code to print out. I've used it to buy stuff from Amazon already :)

I was on vacation last week and in picking up my mail today I see that apparently I was approved twice: once after calling and, as it looks, one of my previously rejected on-line applications was suddenly approved. So it looks like I now have two World card accounts.

I received my card today! I live in New Jersey, just outside of Philly...so it didn't have to travel that far from DE, but hopefully it can give you guys some indication of progress.

Now...the only thing that remains is the Club Acela pass. I haven't received that yet.
I live within a mile of the BoA site where I believe the cards are processed and I did not get mine yet. :(

I was approved 9/12 and just got the email and the coupons in my account today. I'm hoping the card comes before a major purchase I want to make on the 29th which would take care of the majority of the $1000 required spend.
If you want to get points for your purchase on the 29th (of Sept?) you better use the Chase card! Or, wait until Oct 1 to use the BofA card.

If you want to get points for your purchase on the 29th (of Sept?) you better use the Chase card! Or, wait until Oct 1 to use the BofA card.
I know the Chase card's point earning ends on 9/30, but does the new one not start until 10/1? I assumed it earned points on any purchases from the day it arrives.

I know the Chase card's point earning ends on 9/30, but does the new one not start until 10/1? I assumed it earned points on any purchases from the day it arrives.
Me too, do you have a link for us? Thanks for info.

Me too, do you have a link for us? Thanks for info.
I have NOT seen anything as to when the points earnings begin on the BofA card. I'm assuming they begin on 10/1 since chase ends on 9/30. If the Chase card is still good for points through the 30th, I seriously doubt BofA will be awarding points before the first of October. Perhaps that will be made known with whatever material is enclosed with the new card when it arrives. From your post I read that you are hoping to earn points via BofA on the 29th

Since AGR actually controls the awarding of points, etc and obtained the BofA to issue the cards, I believe once you receive and activate the new card all purchases count toward earning AGR points. Since points are not transferred to AGR until after the actual billing date, it seems to me that all first billing dates will be in month of October if you receive your card before 9/30/15 and thus the points will not be transferred to AGR until after 10/1/15 -- and not a conflict with Chase. Incidentally, the points are awarded by AGR and not the bank. Technically, the bank is simply the processing arm for AGR.

Yes, right I am hoping to both get points for my purchase plus count dollars towards the $1000 spend for the 20k bonus. I had assumed that the card was good for those things as soon as it's received. But since I haven't even received it yet, it's all hypothetical, anyway.

I only applied once ( on line) and have received an E-mail and two snail mail letters telling me I was approved, about my Credit Score etc. blah,blah, yada yada!( the last 4 digits of the New BOA Card was in the letters)

Haven't gotten the Card yet, I'm wondering too when it will actually start giving us AGR Points? ( I'm still using the Chase Card until 9/30)

I hope the T&C info will tell us, but if anyone gets the real scoop please let us know!

Back