New Amtrak Guest Rewards Master Card - Fall 2015

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can't find it, but there has been a post to the effect that as of a certain date in December of this year you no longer will be able to transfer Chase Ultimate Rewards points to AGR!

The BOA World AGR Card has a $79 Annual fee but you get 20,000 Bonus Points when you spend $1,000 in the first 90 days along with other perks. If you travel alot it seems a pretty decent card.

If you dont travel that often the BOA AGR Platinum Card gives you 12,000 Bonus Points with no annual fee upon a $1,000 spend the first 90 days, so it also seems like a fair deal!

Yes, thanks, we opted for the Platinum card, which seems to meet our needs better. Just applied and was approved within a minute or two. Only gripe is the credit limit...might call and see if we can get that increased. We are cruising in January, so will for sure spend those $1000 in the first 90 days to get the bonus.

So, how do I go about transferring those Ultimate Reward Points over to AGR points? Can it be done online?

So, how do I go about transferring those Ultimate Reward Points over to AGR points? Can it be done online?
If you have a Chase Sapphire Preferred card, you can transfer your UR points to AGR on line (usually). However, recently I needed to phone Chase to transfer my points. I believe the deadline to transfer points is December 7th.

Correct, Penny, according to Anthony at FlyerTalk in http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amtrak-guest-rewards/1713077-announcement-regarding-chase-ultimate-rewards.html.

And thanks for the heads-up about possibly needing to make a phone call.

For what it's worth, there has been some chatter about restrictions on transferring Ultimate Rewards points to UR partners. As far as I can tell, as long as the card holder is transferring to his or her own rewards account, there is no problem, but transferring to others' accounts has been restricted.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you have a Chase Sapphire Preferred card, you can transfer your UR points to AGR on line (usually). However, recently I needed to phone Chase to transfer my points. I believe the deadline to transfer points is December 7th.
Everything I've seen, here, on FT, all notices from Chase -- December 7 is the deadline for transferring points from CSP out to AGR.

If transferring points works for you, that's the deadline.

Not only did I received my 12,000 bonus points last week, but I went ahead and treated myself to a two-zone bedroom trip next May, when the days will be long. The bonus points pushed me over the threshold.

my points from my BOA statement closing 12/7/15 posted today 12/8/15. :)

Do we know yet for sure how the 1,000 TQP's after $5,000 spend will work?

I should hit the $5,000 spend sometime in December - but my statement doesn't close until the first week of January.

Does this mean I may not be awarded the TQP depending on if it's a real time award or a statement credit award? - trying to get these to count for 2015

Last edited by a moderator:
Do we know yet for sure how the 1,000 TQP's after $5,000 spend will work?

I should hit the $5,000 spend sometime in December - but my statement doesn't close until the first week of January.

Does this mean I may not be awarded the TQP depending on if it's a real time award or a statement credit award? - trying to get these to count for 2015
I reached the 5000 spend late November, but didn't get the 1000 TWP until my statement closed in early December. They were posted with the monthly points posting.

I was looking at the online PDF café menu for the NER tonight. Pictured at the bottom, in all its glory, is the Chase Amtrak MasterCard.

Dead, but not forgotten by Amtrak marketing. :giggle:

I was looking at the online PDF café menu for the NER tonight. Pictured at the bottom, in all its glory, is the Chase Amtrak MasterCard.

Dead, but not forgotten by Amtrak marketing. :giggle:
On the NER Cafe Menu, If I'm reading the "code" (1113) right...the date is Nov 2013! Most of the other menus I've seen are dated 05/15.
Oh, that's nothing. On the River Runner a year or so back I saw a sign for the Pennsylvanian...with the destination "Chicago" simply marked out with either a marker or taped over.

Back