New Amtrak survey email yesterday

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I took that survey. A few strange questions. We all ***** about the food and other situations here. It would have been nice to address those issues on a that survey

I took that survey. A few strange questions. We all ***** about the food and other situations here. It would have been nice to address those issues on a that survey
Why? That would be needed only if Amtrak really wanted to know what people think of their "flex food" and were honestly interested in knowing whether they were brilliant or stupid. And if someone leaked the survey results to the public, it would embarrass them no end. Corporate policies generally require that no survey be done if the results can't be predicted and be favorable to their decisions. I've seen people "asked to leave" when they have done this even though that policy was never written, never stated, never even hinted at. Only idiots or true corporate patriots would sacrifice their jobs to include such questions unless management of most companies knew that bad results would be buried.
My employer used to be one of the few that actually asked those wrong questions in internal surveys- and published the results including the negative comments in them to the employees! Then when they changed from being customer and employee centric and focused on big bonuses for the new leadership and the surveys showed how upset people were with corporate leadership, did step two make the results not be published and step three eliminate the surveys altogether.

Trust me I added comments about the food along the lines of , “no I don’t feel like I am being treated special with the god awlful food Amtrak now serves.”

Why? That would be needed only if Amtrak really wanted to know what people think of their "flex food" and were honestly interested in knowing whether they were brilliant or stupid. And if someone leaked the survey results to the public, it would embarrass them no end. Corporate policies generally require that no survey be done if the results can't be predicted and be favorable to their decisions. I've seen people "asked to leave" when they have done this even though that policy was never written, never stated, never even hinted at. Only idiots or true corporate patriots would sacrifice their jobs to include such questions unless management of most companies knew that bad results would be buried.
My employer used to be one of the few that actually asked those wrong questions in internal surveys- and published the results including the negative comments in them to the employees! Then when they changed from being customer and employee centric and focused on big bonuses for the new leadership and the surveys showed how upset people were with corporate leadership, did step two make the results not be published and step three eliminate the surveys altogether.

Since I figured that the survey was about AGR and bitching about anything else would go into the garbage can, I used my comment space expressing a desire for a lifetime status thing in AGR like many airlines have in their frequent traveler programs.

Since I figured that the survey was about AGR and bitching about anything else would go into the garbage can, I used my comment space expressing a desire for a lifetime status thing in AGR like many airlines have in their frequent traveler programs.
Great minds think alike. I said the same thing. :)

I just got this in my email again. That’s four times so far. Telling me how valuable I am so please take the survey.

If they think I’m so valuable, why are they wasting my time sending this over and over when I obviously am not interested?🙄

I just got this in my email again. That’s four times so far. Telling me how valuable I am so please take the survey.

If they think I’m so valuable, why are they wasting my time sending this over and over when I obviously am not interested?🙄
Hey, they sent me a second email even after I answered the survey.

Maybe they didn't like your answers and are giving you a chance to "redo". ;)
Reminds me of an old joke:

An American diva was invited to sing at La Scala in Milan, Italy. Now, everyone knows we Italians love our opera. After she finished, everyone stood up and yelled "Again! Again". So she did it. Once again, everyone stood up and yelled "Again! Again". This time, she thanked them and said her voice was getting tired. Then a gentleman stood up and yelled "You sing it again and again until you get it right!"

Amtrak is like that gentleman. You keep redoing the survey until you get it "right".

It was a mediocre survey, but not terrible like previous ones. I gave the answers that indicated that I didn't want to be treated "special" but that I wanted high quality. (As in, EVERYONE should get high quality, you ****ers)

I used the comments to complain about the food and the thieving refund policy. The refund policy, AGR might be able to do something about. If enough people complain about the food, they may forward it to Flynn with a "look, this is what all our best customers are saying".

It was a mediocre survey, but not terrible like previous ones. I gave the answers that indicated that I didn't want to be treated "special" but that I wanted high quality. (As in, EVERYONE should get high quality, you ****ers)

I used the comments to complain about the food and the thieving refund policy. The refund policy, AGR might be able to do something about. If enough people complain about the food, they may forward it to Flynn with a "look, this is what all our best customers are saying".
I figured that the survey was geared specifically to Amtrak Guest Rewards, not Amtrak in general. Thus, of course, I indicated as an AGR member (especially one with status), I thought I should be treated especially well, or at least better than the people who aren't regular customers. (This doesn't mean that people who aren't regular customers shouldn't be treated well, just that AGR members should be treated even better.) I used the comments to discuss AGR policies and perks. I hadn't thought about refund policy (sorry I didn't), I suggested that they offer a TQP bonus for sleeper travel and that they allow the use of the upgrade coupons to upgrade to sleeper. I also indicated that lounge access was a perk I really liked, and I thought maybe it was a little too hard to get enough status to qualify for it.

I received 2 emails with the survey. I am select executive. I completed it the first time but not the second time.

I got 3 of the AGR survey emails. Answered the first and ignored the other two. Apparently it isn't related to AGR status as, like PennyK, I'm select executive as well.

And, for what it's worth, I got a survey on Friday about 'how was my trip on the Acela First Class NHV-BOS on Tuesday the 13th. That's the FIRST time I've gotten a 'rate your trip segment' survey in at least 4 or 5 YEARS!

Back