New Amtrak vs. Infiniti motor car commercial

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jccollins

Conductor
Hey, has anyone seen the new Infiniti commercial with the car racing alongside a Pacific Surfliner train? I just saw it on FOX right after Boston Public.

It is a really cool commerical and actually promotes Amtrak, too, as a fast, reliable source of transportation. Hopefully other automakers will begin producing commercials of their cars racing fast Amtrak trains. Hopefully this type of advertising will help reverse the false consensus that trains are old and slow.

I've actually seen that commercial at least 2 dozen times over the past month or so, out here on the east coast. It is pretty cool. :)

I don't take very many train rides and certainly don't get on commuter trains very often but one of the highlights of any trip-- commuter, short-haul, long-distance-- is when you can see heavy backups of automobile traffic and just sail on past it. I want to yell at them, "Hey, people, next time take the train!" but then I just sit back, smile smugly, and enjoy the ride. :)

seajay

Seajay I have many memories, but one very, very specific moment frozen in time....I was on the Desert Wind out of LA, about a 12.30 noon departure if I remember correctly. There was massive traffic on the freeways, it was boiling hot......and I was propped up in my deluxe bedroom with my shoes off and my feet on the chair across form me enjoying some sort of cold beverage and other snack.........that is living....really, really living.

This is one of Metra's largest strategies. In fact, there are a couple of the commuter lines that run parallel to the expressways, and they have banners along the way that say "We're on time. Are you?" ;) Hehe...I love it. And then there's the commercials that show the train unrealistically plowing through traffic. Though they're unrealistic, they get the point across.

Ya I saw it while watching BP last night too. I'll check for it tonight during American Idol. It has also been on other stations as well. Most people probably have no clue it's Amtrak though. Interesting to note she is riding a Metrolink train through a suburban area and magically is on a Surfliner along the coast. Without going to much further the seat she is sitting in appear to be from a Superliner II.

BP? You must mean Boston Public, Yes, I watch that also. Guess I saw the commercial at that time as well, now that you mention it. But seems like I see it at other times.......after all, Bosotn Public does not come on every week.

Off Topic Question, but sort of on, does anyone watch 24?

I've seen the commercial several times, I don't know that she's riding the Metrolink, I think thats a train one of them passes. The surfliners did look nice, forget about the Infinity, where can I buy one of thoes. B) :lol: :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back