New from Florida

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I found this website after encountering problems using the on-site Amtrak reservation system. This website was very helpful in explaining the concept of connecting pairs and that not all of them are in the system. I also appreciated the posts on bucket pricing, and how to use the multi-city tool, and what exactly a guarantee is.

I booked my first roommette reservation, and that trip finished yesterday from the new Moynihan station in New York City, ending at Delray Beach. My goodness, the new lounge in New York is just beautiful. It helps start your trip off on the right note.

I have now had three different airline reservations, each with a different airline, all cancel the flights on the last evening leg, due to weather. Which means that you end up paying for your own hotel room and food, and may or may not get out the next day. It is harder for me to deal with that as I start my 6th decade. The final straw for me was getting a $15 food voucher from the airline after standing in a customer service line for two and a half hours. I booked my exorbitantly priced hotel room, which was all that was left around LaGuardia, and went on to the Amtrak website and bought a train ticket at 11:00 p.m. for departure the next morning.

My husband is a pilot for American airlines, and we both agree that upon his retirement in 15 months, it's trains for us. We look forward to using the Vermonter.

I found this website after encountering problems using the on-site Amtrak reservation system. This website was very helpful in explaining the concept of connecting pairs and that not all of them are in the system. I also appreciated the posts on bucket pricing, and how to use the multi-city tool, and what exactly a guarantee is.

I booked my first roommette reservation, and that trip finished yesterday from the new Moynihan station in New York City, ending at Delray Beach. My goodness, the new lounge in New York is just beautiful. It helps start your trip off on the right note.

I have now had three different airline reservations, each with a different airline, all cancel the flights on the last evening leg, due to weather. Which means that you end up paying for your own hotel room and food, and may or may not get out the next day. It is harder for me to deal with that as I start my 6th decade. The final straw for me was getting a $15 food voucher from the airline after standing in a customer service line for two and a half hours. I booked my exorbitantly priced hotel room, which was all that was left around LaGuardia, and went on to the Amtrak website and bought a train ticket at 11:00 p.m. for departure the next morning.

My husband is a pilot for American airlines, and we both agree that upon his retirement in 15 months, it's trains for us. We look forward to using the Vermonter.
Welcome from another Floridian (life long). Maybe I will run into you on the Silvers.

Back