New Guy, Big Plans

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi friends,

I'm a long time Amtrak rider but new to this forum. I have scheduled a cross country trip for next April and that prompted me to join. Previously I have ridden the Coast Starlight and Sunset Limited several times. In my trip next spring to celebrate my 65th year of living on this planet I will be taking the Coast Starlight, Empire Builder, Lake Shore Limited, Crescent, City Of New Orleans and then the Southwest Chief home with longer stops in Chicago, New York, New Orleans, Memphis and Kansas City.

I am a fan of Southern food. I am just a tad overweight and I am worried about eating too much especially with the new dining options. Haha - Seriously, though, I am excited about the trip and I am enjoying the forum and picking up interesting news and other tidbits here. Thanks for having me.

Doc

I am in the early stages of planning a similar trip. I look forward to hearing about yours, and to any insights on the planning/booking process. So far the lowest PDX to CHI rate I've seen is $505 for a roomette, does that sound right?

I am in the early stages of planning a similar trip. I look forward to hearing about yours, and to any insights on the planning/booking process. So far the lowest PDX to CHI rate I've seen is $505 for a roomette, does that sound right?
I would jump fast on a price like that. Every time I've looked Amtrak.com wanted $1,000+ each way.

With Roomettes selling for $1500+ on this Route during the Summer, that would be a good deal! Go for it!
Do they actually sell at these prices or does ARROW assume formerly bookable OBS roomettes are full of customers?

Back