New Guy In The Forum

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good Evening Group!

It was just today that I found out about this great site!

Upon looking around a bit, I was very impressed with everything and decided to join.

I am not a rail expert or rail employee, just someone who loves the rails, and Amtrak specifically.

Over the years since my very young days, I have traveled Amtrak countless times and have enjoyed it every time with immense pleasure. There are of course, those experiences that were just a pain - it just took place in the station and not on the train.

I took my first cross - country trip in 2001. I am hoping to do it again sometime this year, maybe spring / summer of next year. I thought i'd say hello, introduce myself, and start having fun here.

I hope this post was published in the right place. If not, I ask your forgiveness while I get aquainted.

Best To All!

Welcome... you will find a wide diverse group in this forum. Enjoy to the RAIL thread...

Gery

Good Evening Group!
It was just today that I found out about this great site!

Upon looking around a bit, I was very impressed with everything and decided to join.

I am not a rail expert or rail employee, just someone who loves the rails, and Amtrak specifically.

Over the years since my very young days, I have traveled Amtrak countless times and have enjoyed it every time with immense pleasure. There are of course, those experiences that were just a pain - it just took place in the station and not on the train.

I took my first cross - country trip in 2001. I am hoping to do it again sometime this year, maybe spring / summer of next year. I thought i'd say hello, introduce myself, and start having fun here.

I hope this post was published in the right place. If not, I ask your forgiveness while I get aquainted.

Best To All!

Welcome aboard. We come from all ages, places, degrees of experience, specialties of interest, etc.

It has been said by one of our esteemed moderators and probably by many others that almost any rail question a person might have, somebody here could probably answer it.

And should you ever have any pre-Amtrak questions (i.e. before 1971) some on here, myself included, can even help with that though that is not the focus.

Some can help with trains from other countries also.

Some have even worked with or do work with Amtrak or other railroads at one tiime or another. (though they do not always choose to identify themselves thusly).

Greetings to Everyone

New Member here also :D

I am presently working at CETC in Amtraks 30th street station as a chief dispatcher.

Over the years i have done it all , from block operator to dispatcher and all the way

up to CETC.

If anyone has any dispatching questions feel free to PM me anytime.

Thanks

Welcome Cetc.
ciao.gif

Hi

Am also new today. Have found some fascinating threads already and looking forward to delving deeper. Got 30 years in the UK rail industry, currently as a third party information services supplier. If anyone wants to know anything about UK trains, please ask, only too happy to contribute.

Brian

Back