New Lake Shore Limited consist

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dental Wiz

Train Attendant
Please correct me if I'm wrong. I saw a video of the Lake Shore put up on U tube a few minutes ago. What I found interesting was that following the Boston section of a baggage sleeper, coaches and lounge; the New York section followed with coaches, then what appeared to be a dinette, then the Heritage diner and finally the sleepers and baggage. It appears since adding the full diner, Amtrak is continuing to operate the New York dinette as well as the Boston lounge in the same train.

Steve

On second thought :rolleyes: :lol: ! Nope, Horizon Dinette still on the BOS section, with the Amfleet Diner Lite on the NY section with the Diner (the Amfleet Diner Lite is acting as the NY lounge, which will most likely be switched with the Horizon Dinette as to get hot meals between ALB-BOS).

I remember a few months ago, some people didn't think they would put two lounges on the LSL. Well the need for it was there, and this has ritten away all the rumors.

Did the Boston section still have a Horizon dinette?

I think I know! With the return of the Heritage Diner to the LSL, the Amfleet II Diner Lite car will be shifted to the Boson section, and the Horizon to the NY section (similar to how the EB will be)!

The Horizen is on the Boston section as it always has been. Yes there are 2 lounges on this train. Remember, Amtrak plans to feature the Lake Shore as they did the Crescent and some others. They are trying to finally beef up the consist especially since they can finally offer a full diner.

I've taken the Lake Shore to Springfield, MA a couple times prior to these additions to the consist. It was a total pain detraining in Albany with luggage, taking the elevators because they never meshed the two trains as far as adjacent tracks. I look forward to taking a sleeper all the way to Springfield, MA in the future. :)

It was a total pain detraining in Albany with luggage, taking the elevators because they never meshed the two trains as far as adjacent tracks. I look forward to taking a sleeper all the way to Springfield, MA in the future. :)
That's thanks to the fact that the new Albany station has never been finished. It's supposed to be a 4 track/2 platform station. Instead it's a 3 track/2 platform station. And the only track that connects to the tracks leading to Boston, is the one track all by itself on the platform closest to the station.

That's thanks to the fact that the new Albany station has never been finished. It's supposed to be a 4 track/2 platform station. Instead it's a 3 track/2 platform station. And the only track that connects to the tracks leading to Boston, is the one track all by itself on the platform closest to the station.
Ah, thanks Alan, for explaining that cluster of a situation. Lines of folks vying for the elevator, just to clammer back on a stub train. I'm glad I'll never have to deal with that again!

Last edited by a moderator:
Fortunately, construction of the fourth track has now apparently been funded.

i just working lakeshorel limited and the reason why that conisit is there way it is because from now they will sharing their trains with Miami crews ...just like 19/20 does.

Please correct me if I'm wrong. I saw a video of the Lake Shore put up on U tube a few minutes ago. What I found interesting was that following the Boston section of a baggage sleeper, coaches and lounge; the New York section followed with coaches, then what appeared to be a dinette, then the Heritage diner and finally the sleepers and baggage. It appears since adding the full diner, Amtrak is continuing to operate the New York dinette as well as the Boston lounge in the same train. Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back