New member, Autotrain fan

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello all. My brother and i have been traveling on the autotrain for many years now when we vacation in FL. It's a great service for us as my brother is a quadriplegic and is in a power wheelchair so we have to get the accessible bedroom. We have a handicapped van that goes with us of course. I only wish there were other trains that could take autos. But I'm glad to be a part of this group as traveling by train is the way to go!

Welcome from another member from New Jersey!

I haven’t had a car for a few years now, so the autotrain is the only train I can’t take! Sounds like a good way to travel to Florida.

I’ve taken the Silvers to Florida in the winter sometimes—but I didn’t this year, since we pretty much didn’t have a winter here that I wanted to get away from!

Welcome from another member from New Jersey!

I haven’t had a car for a few years now, so the autotrain is the only train I can’t take! Sounds like a good way to travel to Florida.

I’ve taken the Silvers to Florida in the winter sometimes—but I didn’t this year, since we pretty much didn’t have a winter here that I wanted to get away from!
Yes, the winters have been so mild but I'll breathe easier once we are past March! The Autotrain is really the only way we can travel except for driving. We have tried flying a couple of time with very negative results for my handicapped brother so we have given up on that.

I agree about March. We've had some nasty surprise snowstorms in March!

I haven’t been in a plane for at least 30 years, and I gave up driving long distances a while back, so trains are my best travel option.

I’m so glad that the Autotrain works out well for you and your brother.

Back