New Member - from Massachusetts

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome @Gamereric21 to AU! Which Amtrak route will you be taking?

I had my first Amtrak experience not too long ago as well (well, since I was a very young kid). I'm excited for your pending trip! Please let us know how it goes.
The Acela all the way down to DC!

And another Mass welcome from Boston (ok, actually Arlington). Where are you in Mass? The Boston station has a very cool Amtrak Metropolitan lounge, let me know if you need any of the sekrit words to get in. :)
I'm in Norfolk county. The Amtrak Metropolitan lounge is something I'd definetly like to check out one day.

Hi gamereric21! I spent my last three years of high school in Millis, MA, which 50-some years ago was a small working class town where the boys on graduation picked between working at the GAF asphalt roof shingle factory or the Herman Shoe factory. Both long gone, I suspect. And I would guess that these days Millis and the surrounding towns are bedroom communities for Boston.

Have fun on your Amtrak adventures and come on back and let us know how they went. A word of warning--train travel, while often a mixed bag of travel experiences, can be pretty addictive.

My involvement with MA is that I frequently online railfan the Springfield, MA cam which is located at the station (due to the Amtrak action it sees). It sees the Vermonters, Lake Shore Limited, and the Valley Flyer and Hartfort line shuttles.

I do know that the Boston station is a really big Amtrak hub though.
I don't spend as much tine in that part of Massachusetts as I probably should. Hopefully East-West rail gets built at some point so its a little easier to get to Western Mass.

The Acela all the way down to DC!

I'm in Norfolk county. The Amtrak Metropolitan lounge is something I'd definetly like to check out one day.
I would like to take Acela sometime. I've seen it go trough Milford, CT where my daughter lives and that thing really books it! Thankfully, living in Meriden, CT we can go Amtrak, Metro North and CT rail.

Welcome to the forum. I grew up in the City of Boston then after a sojourn in PA ended up in Central MA (near Gardner).

Another possible train trip to consider is the Downeaster out of North Station to Portland ME which is a great place to visit.
I wanted to do that last year with the special discount, but there was just nowhere I wanted to take a daytrip to.
Maybe in the summer when Old Orchard Beach is open.

Back