New member in Florida

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome, from one Floridian to another. I am at the Space Coast. Broadly what part of Florida are you from?

BTW, if you would like to help us with advocating for increased train service in Florida let me know. I am involved with both the Florida Rail Passenger Coalition and the national Rail Passenger Association.

Hopefully you will find this forum an useful one.

I’m a longtime rail fan and often ride the Silver Meteor/Star up the east coast. In fact I’m riding the Silver Star to Washington DC tomorrow. I grew up in Chicago and used to love riding the trains to the west coast. The City of New Orleans was a favorite of mine too. I look forward to being a member of this forum.
Welcome from a lifelong Floridian who also often rides the Silvers. Enjoy your trip (which should be a bit different).

Welcome, from one Floridian to another. I am at the Space Coast. Broadly what part of Florida are you from?

BTW, if you would like to help us with advocating for increased train service in Florida let me know. I am involved with both the Florida Rail Passenger Coalition and the national Rail Passenger Association.

Hopefully you will find this forum an useful one.

I’m in the Ft. Lauderdale area. If I was to help, what would you need for me to do?

Why will my trip be a bit different? Does it have to do with the incident near Lakeland that I just read about? I see the Star has been running very late the past few days.
I think @pennyk might be referring to the fact that it will be an unusually long train as the consist of both the Star and the Meteor as a single train.
I’m in the Ft. Lauderdale area. If I was to help, what would you need for me to do?
We are trying to figure out how best to engage with Florida Department of Transportation Rail Passenger Department to see if we cannot get a JAX - ORL - TPA - MIA train as proposed in the Amtrak ConnectUS project going sooner rather than later. I'll keep you posted when something concrete needs to be done. I will also be happy to introduce you to others from Florida involved in this sort of thing. Even @pennyk gets involved from time to time. Of course at present it will have to be mostly virtual communication rather than face to face.

Last edited:
We are trying to figure out how best to engage with Florida Department of Transportation Rail Passenger Department to see if we cannot get a JAX - ORL - TPA - MIA train as porposed in the Amtrak ConnectUS project going sooner rather than later.
That would be a Very Florida way of making a train. :D

Back