New member, long time rider.

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A little about me: I've been a fan of trains since I was a little kid. I remember going on my first Amtrak trip from MSP to WFH when I was five and being beyond excited. I've been on quite a few subsequent trips to the south and northeast up until 2012, with a trip in 2018 and 2019 afterward. Other than that, it wasn't until the last couple of weeks that my interest in trains was sparked again. I've got a major plan in the works to see the southwest (current idea: Chicago to LA on SW Chief, then Coast Starlight up to EMY, then EMY back to Chicago, with breaks in between to see the sights that can't be seen from the train). I will probably be asking for some planning advice, as this is my first time planning such a trip myself.

Anyway, I am happy to have found this forum. :)

A little about me: I've been a fan of trains since I was a little kid. I remember going on my first Amtrak trip from MSP to WFH when I was five and being beyond excited. I've been on quite a few subsequent trips to the south and northeast up until 2012, with a trip in 2018 and 2019 afterward. Other than that, it wasn't until the last couple of weeks that my interest in trains was sparked again. I've got a major plan in the works to see the southwest (current idea: Chicago to LA on SW Chief, then Coast Starlight up to EMY, then EMY back to Chicago, with breaks in between to see the sights that can't be seen from the train). I will probably be asking for some planning advice, as this is my first time planning such a trip myself.

Anyway, I am happy to have found this forum. :)
Welcome, you'll find this an Excellent source of info and entertainment also!😉

Welcome to AU. Questions about Amtrak trip planning should be posted in the Amtrak Rail Discussion forum.

Back