Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi - 66 yo Michigan Girl here! Blessed to retire March 2021 after 37 years in HR. February 2022 had Open Heart Surgery - Now on the road to recovery & just booked my first solo cross county train trip Chicago to Sacramento on CZ the end of September. I'm so excited that I've watched every YouTube video there is! I'm so happy to find this forum as I know I'll have many questions!

Hi - 66 yo Michigan Girl here! Blessed to retire March 2021 after 37 years in HR. February 2022 had Open Heart Surgery - Now on the road to recovery & just booked my first solo cross county train trip Chicago to Sacramento on CZ the end of September. I'm so excited that I've watched every YouTube video there is! I'm so happy to find this forum as I know I'll have many questions!
welcome to AU

One of the things I like about this forum is that there are lots of opinions, but people tend to answer questions with examples from personal experience (and there's plenty of that here!). If you are specific about what you want to know in your title and initial question, I've found that gets the best responses.

WELCOME TO AU! And congrats on your retirement. What a wonderful celebration of your new freedom from the workforce... a ride on the CZ! Collectively there is an amazing wealth of information from the many members who love rail travel and have experienced just about everything on American rail! The end of September is beautiful as the Colorado rockies are just turning beautiful fall colors. The CZ is said to be one of the most scenic Amtrak rides... and I can vouch for that having taking this fine train over a dozen times... and never getting tired of looking out the window as the world flies by!

Happy travels!

This is a good forum! People are nice and as the gentleman above said people answer your questions usually with experience... I was away for a little bit but I'm back! Haven't ridden an Amtrak in over 10 years but I can still give advice I guess! LOL

Last edited:
Back