Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got caught in the Holiday '22 airline debacle and spun it into a return trip west on the California Zephyr (with wonderful fresh snow through both Colorado and the Sierra Nevadas & a couple of bald eagle sightings).

Now looking for other opportunities to move about by train. Will return east on the Zephyr in mid-summer and come back west on the Southwest Chief.

Beyond that are dreams and visions . . . a run up to Vancouver, the Empire Builder, Sunset into New Orleans. And I'm sure there will be some semi-practical opportunities to visit family, etc.

Trying to figure out how to make all that work as best as possible.

Got caught in the Holiday '22 airline debacle and spun it into a return trip west on the California Zephyr (with wonderful fresh snow through both Colorado and the Sierra Nevadas & a couple of bald eagle sightings).

Now looking for other opportunities to move about by train....

Now there's a way to turn lemons into lemonade! Rail travel is hardly exempt from debacles, but your flexible attitude and willingness to make the best of things will be a great travel accessory.

Rail travel is hardly exempt from debacles,

Quickly disabusing me of this notion has been one of the first benefits of this forum -- along with the hand-written spreadsheet of buckets (holy smokes!) and the affirming general love of being on a train. I'm sure there will be much more.

Thanks for the welcome, Trollopian.

Back