Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome @bd5657a ! I as well am an advocate for expanded and improved passenger rail here in the USA.

With you being from DC, what routes have you taken?
Thanks for the kind welcome. I mostly ride the NEC, but I've taken some of the related east coast routes and the two LD routes from DC to Chicago. Taken Amtrak to SAV, CHS, FBG, BAL, PHL, WIL, NYP, BOS, BFX, POR, BTN, WLN, RGH, GBO, and CHI.

My favorite recent trip was to Burlington on the expanded Ethan Allen Express, about a month after the service was expanded. The Middlebury tunnel is an impressive piece of infrastructure relative to the size of the town and the economy/ridership of the area. Gave me some hope that if our societal will is good, then we might be able to actually achieve it.

Hoping to ride the EB from PDX to MSP at some point (never been to that part of the country) and also hoping to take the Adirondack to MTL at some point.

Thanks for the kind welcome. I mostly ride the NEC, but I've taken some of the related east coast routes and the two LD routes from DC to Chicago. Taken Amtrak to SAV, CHS, FBG, BAL, PHL, WIL, NYP, BOS, BFX, POR, BTN, WLN, RGH, GBO, and CHI.

My favorite recent trip was to Burlington on the expanded Ethan Allen Express, about a month after the service was expanded. The Middlebury tunnel is an impressive piece of infrastructure relative to the size of the town and the economy/ridership of the area. Gave me some hope that if our societal will is good, then we might be able to actually achieve it.

Hoping to ride the EB from PDX to MSP at some point (never been to that part of the country) and also hoping to take the Adirondack to MTL at some point.
welcome. The Adirondack is one of the prettiest rides in the country.

I liked the fact that you used the station codes to reference these locations. :D

Back