New NS Schedule?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got a question: Have any of the Norfolk Southern (NS) schedules changed recently?

I ask because during the past few weeks I've seen two NS freights running parallel to each other on the tracks near the southern branch of the Elizabeth River in Chesapeake, VA (the same tracks that the Northeast Regionals use). This has occurred generally between 5pm and 6pm during the week. My vantage point for seeing them is Interstate 464.

I don't recall having seen that during this time of the day until recently.

Thanks!

Got a question: Have any of the Norfolk Southern (NS) schedules changed recently?

I have wondered the same where I live in the southern suburbs of Dayton, Ohio. I live close enough to a NS mainline that I usually can hear the trains and the times of day when I hear them seems to have somewhat changed.

I don't think anything has changed. I know lately they have annulled some freights out of my area. So now instead of 191/192 running Macon-Columbia-Linwood. We have 191/192 running Macon-Columbia. With 12R/13R running Columbia-Rock Hill-Charlotte-Salisbury-Greensboro-Manassas-Hagerstown-Enola, PA. So they are doing some changes.

Back