New Pacific Surfliner timetable effective Oct. 25

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ParanoidAndroid

OBS Chief
New Pacific Surfliner timetables effective October 25th. Amtrak hasn't published their's yet so I made my own by searching Amtrak's digital schedules tool.

Several interesting things
- Trains per day are 10 SAN-LAX, 4 LAX-GTA, 2 GTA-SLO (each 1 more than now), compared to 13, 5, 2 pre-COVID
- A few renumberings
- Almost all trains are synchronized to the hour
- 770 and 784 skip Carpinteria, but all northbounds stop there
- 774 operates 30-45 mins earlier SLO-LAX
- 782 replaced by 784
- 794 ends at LA and 594 starts after it arrives, but booking a connection without multi-city isn't possible at the moment. I'd bet that they'll change this later.
- 765 doesn't have a connecting bus going north
- 794 has a connecting bus but it's the one from Hanford/Visalia
- Downtown Lompoc's bus stop (LOM) isn't served anymore (previously served by 2 buses/day connecting to/from 767 and 782)

Southbound
PacSurfSouthOct25.png

Northbound
PacSurfNorthOct25.png

Thanks for this! Not sure how I missed it. The Surfline should be hourly, at least at peak times. Why they put the three hour gaps in the evening is beyond me

Edit: mind if I share your timetable with some people?

Last edited:
Thanks for this! Not sure how I missed it. The Surfline should be hourly, at least at peak times. Why they put the three hour gaps in the evening is beyond me

Edit: mind if I share your timetable with some people?

Sure that's fine. Couple more things I found -
- 765 actually does have a connecting bus to the bay area, you just can't book a connection to it yet
- 794 does have a connecting bus from the bay area
- The 794 to 594 connection at LAX is now bookable, but they're still separate trains (unlike the old 796)
- 794 operates up to 15 minutes earlier from the timetable up there - they changed it right after I made it, and I can't edit it now

I found out about this through Metrolink's timetable change, not through Amtrak. Amtrak doesn't publish pdf timetables anymore and the Pacific Surfliner website doesn't say anything about this yet.

Back