New to trains

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

James C

Never rode a train and wanted to know what reserved coach was. I am going to and from Penn Station from Syracuse NY. Any body , that can let me know, Please e-mail me at [email protected] Thanks, Jim

Reserved Coach Guarentees you, but doesn't assign you a seat. Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe there is also food service on your train (you pay extra). Hope this helps. :)

Enjoy your trip. B)

Empire Service does have food service in the form of a lounge car.

In reserved coach there are about 74 seats, 2 on each side of an isle. The legroom is over twice that on an airplane, the seats are about 20 in. wide and do recline. There is also a tray table and a reading light at every seat and in some coaches electrical outlets are avalible at some or all seats. Luggage racks stretch the whole length of the car like on an airplane except no doors. The are restrooms at one end of the car and like others have already said there is a Cafe that serves up snacks, sandwhiches, and drinks. Hope this helps. B)

"Checking In" is nothing like the intimidating airline experience you may already be familiar with. Just wander out to the proper train. The more helpless and lost you look, the more likely an Amtrak employee will scoop you up and get you comfortably seated.

In reserved coach there are about 74 seats, 2 on each side of an isle. The legroom is over twice that on an airplane, the seats are about 20 in. wide and do recline. There is also a tray table and a reading light at every seat and in some coaches electrical outlets are avalible at some or all seats. Luggage racks stretch the whole length of the car like on an airplane except no doors. The are restrooms at one end of the car and like others have already said there is a Cafe that serves up snacks, sandwhiches, and drinks. Hope this helps.
Amfleet, keep in mind that that is on an Amleet I. While Jim will see an amfleet I (or Horizon), I feel I should elaborate for those who will travel cross country. On the east coast, long distance trains feature Amfleet II coaches which seat 58 plus one handicap. There are restrooms on the B end of the car, located next to the vestibule. On west coast trains (plus the Capitol Ltd and Auto Train) Superliner equipment is featured. These coaches feature 74-84 seats per car (depending on whether it is a regular coach, smoking coach, baggage coach, kiddy coach, or snack coach). The bulk of the seats are located on the upper floor of the car, while restrooms plus either handicap seating, smoking room, baggage room, game room, or snack bar. But, Jim you will see an amfleet I which Amfleet described. :D

Well actually Jim could be in an Amfleet II Coach if he takes the Lake Shore Limited 48/49 between Penn Station and Syracuse. In an Amfleet II you get increased leg room, foot rests, leg rests, plus the other things B-51 described. B)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back