New Viewliner Sleeper Question

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Brandon C

I will be traveling on the Silver Star on September 1st. Does anyone know if they are using the new Viewliner II sleepers on this route? If so which sleepers are the new equipment? We are in Car 9110.

Yes, they are using the new sleepers on this route. As of yesterday, the 10 car was an old V-1 sleeper and the 11 car was a new V-II sleeper. (I saw 92 pass through Orlando). In July, I traveled on 91 and the 9111 was a new car and 9110 was not.

At this point we need a copy and paste for each new thread on this one question!

I believe they are running one VII on the Silver Star consist at the moment, not entirely sure which car. I know someone, maybe Penny (Oh she beat me to it), will know.

Thank you. Will be calling to switch to car 9111. Are they sleepers operating on the front or the back?

Back. 2 engines, 2 coaches, cafe, dining car, sleeper, sleeper, baggage.

Rebooked in Car 9111! Thanks for filling me in. 3 calls to Amtrak and they had no idea what they are talking about.

Rebooked in Car 9111! Thanks for filling me in. 3 calls to Amtrak and they had no idea what they are talking about.
YAY! I hope you enjoy your trip. I do not see the Silver Star every day, but if I see it before now and next week, and the consist is different, I will post here.

Hi Brandon ! Can you confirm that 9111 was the Viewliner 2 roomette (the new cars with the burgundy color seats) ?

Hi Brandon ! Can you confirm that 9111 was the Viewliner 2 roomette (the new cars with the burgundy color seats) ?
I am not Brandon, but I can confirm that as recently as last week, the 11 car of the Silver Star was a Viewliner 2. (this was confirmed by a friend traveling and by actually seeing train 92 passing through Orlando)

I am not Brandon, but I can confirm that as recently as last week, the 11 car of the Silver Star was a Viewliner 2. (this was confirmed by a friend traveling and by actually seeing train 92 passing through Orlando)
Thanks !!!

I saw the northbound Silver Star (92) pass through Orlando this evening. Same consist as the last time I saw it. The 11 car was a Viewliner 2 (and it was on time).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back