Newark, NJ Penn Station

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a trip coming up. According to Amtrak's website, Newark Penn Station still has Red Cap service. I might use it this time. I might be driving there and dropping someone off. Can they check their baggage right there at the drop-off area with the Red Cap or would they have to go inside to the baggage room to do that?

jb

As long as y'all are talking about how safe Newark is, can someone tell me whether the Harrison area is safe? I made a reservation at a hotel a couple of blocks north of the Harrison PATH station, but I'll change it if it's a sketchy area for walking (actually, riding a mobility scooter.) I would probably arrive right around or a little past sunset, which will be at 8 p.m. Thanks.

As long as y'all are talking about how safe Newark is, can someone tell me whether the Harrison area is safe? I made a reservation at a hotel a couple of blocks north of the Harrison PATH station, but I'll change it if it's a sketchy area for walking (actually, riding a mobility scooter.) I would probably arrive right around or a little past sunset, which will be at 8 p.m. Thanks.
Pretty safe - the whole area around the PATH is dominated by new apartments and shops.

Back