Newguy

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm a new guy, a complete neophyte. I joined basically to ask about long-distance train trips, of which I've taken none. I tried to read through some of the FAQs but found a lot of the information overwhelming. But then again, I eventually figured out how to fly reliably and that's about as complex...

Welcome, and ask away! I learned almost everything I know about Amtrak here -- how to find the days with the best price (go to Amsnag http://biketrain.net/amsnag2.0/amSnag.php), how to check the on-time performance of a train, and whether it reliably makes a certain connection (https://juckins.net/amtrak_status/archive/html/home.php), whether to try a new itinerary, and lots more. I really appreciate all the contributors who give of their time and personal experiences here. I've made lots of friends, most of whom I have not yet met!

So go ahead and ask your questions, and someone will be sure to know the answer.

I'm a new guy, a complete neophyte. I joined basically to ask about long-distance train trips, of which I've taken none. I tried to read through some of the FAQs but found a lot of the information overwhelming. But then again, I eventually figured out how to fly reliably and that's about as complex...
Travel by train is different but it also shares some similarities and if you can get comfortable with flying then riding a train is well within your grasp. The main differences being fewer options for schedules and routing with more limited tools for finding good deals.

Last edited:
If I have some generic, newbie questions, what's the best forum to post in? The topic will be about taking a family trip in a sleeper car via Amtrak.

If I have some generic, newbie questions, what's the best forum to post in? The topic will be about taking a family trip in a sleeper car via Amtrak.
Post your Amtrak questions in the Amtrak Discussion forum please. Thanks.

Back