NJ Transit Yesterday

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oreius

OBS Chief
Yesterday, I went to Bridgewater NJ to attend a Somerset Patriots ballgame. The ballpark is right next to the stadium, and, in my mind, you "never pass up a train station." So I walked over to the station and filmed an incoming NJ Transit. The locomotive looks like a Siemens Charger. I believe the Raritan Line does offer a few one-seat trips to/from NYP. However, I don't believe this train was one of them as I did not see any third rail shoes. I did see, from a distance, a train of the double-deck cars NJ Transit uses on their Trenton Line.

Attachments

• 9EDCAA56-3219-4A99-91BF-F3CBD0E26D1C.png
    9EDCAA56-3219-4A99-91BF-F3CBD0E26D1C.png
    236.7 KB · Views: 5
Yesterday, I went to Bridgewater NJ to attend a Somerset Patriots ballgame. The ballpark is right next to the stadium, and, in my mind, you "never pass up a train station." So I walked over to the station and filmed an incoming NJ Transit. The locomotive looks like a Siemens Charger. I believe the Raritan Line does offer a few one-seat trips to/from NYP. However, I don't believe this train was one of them as I did not see any third rail shoes. I did see, from a distance, a train of the double-deck cars NJ Transit uses on their Trenton Line.

It is an ALP45DP. It has a pantograph so does not need third rail shoes. It can change to electric mode powered by catenary and can go into Penn Station. And it has nothing to do with Siemens. It is a Bombardier product.

It is an ALP45DP. It has a pantograph so does not need third rail shoes. It can change to electric mode powered by catenary and can go into Penn Station. And it has nothing to do with Siemens. It is a Bombardier product.
I also think the Chargers look significantly better than those.

Back