"No. 51 is at Nero Tower", and other stories...

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

railiner

Engineer
I was perusing through some of my old Amtrak memorabilia from the '70's, and I came across a few printouts from the Amtrak Morning Report. It is a fascinating summary of operations throughout the system. Of breakdowns, disruptions, shortages, re-routes, etc. and the sometimes heroic and creative efforts to rectify them. I don't know if they still have these, though they must have something similar.

In any case, a compilation of same would surely make an interesting book for those of us into operations. I wonder if anyone in position to access same would be interested in sharing them with the rest of us? Or is it considered 'confidential'? If so, there must be some period after which it would be considered okay?

By the way, the title of this post is regarding The Cardinal, which was delayed by snowstorms, and other disruptions, making it over 24 hours late. For a while, it's exact whereabouts were unknown. Until this report, when it finally reached Nero Tower, Indiana.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back