No More Brunch?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cpamtfan

OBS Chief
I rode 30 today into Washington and was kind of disappointed when they told me that brunch wouldn't be served. Do they still do it orhave they stopped doing it?

What time does it now arrive?
huh.gif
Perhaps you were inquiring about one of the days when they are bus-tituting between PGH and WAS. (There is no Dining Car on the bus!
laugh.gif
)

What time does it now arrive?
huh.gif
Perhaps you were inquiring about one of the days when they are bus-tituting between PGH and WAS. (There is no Dining Car on the bus!
laugh.gif
)
It gets in to DC between 12 and 1, if it's on time. It's just started with the possible bustitutions, and that is only if it is running sufficiently late (they are not guaranteed). At any rate, it sounds like the OP was asking someone on the train.

Could the no-brunch be due to the temporary 1/2 earlier schedule caused by the Pinkerton Horn day-lighting?

Everytime Ive ridden the CL East Bound Ive had the opportunity for Breakfast and Brunch in the diner although it wasnt always announced, one had to ask and be in a sleeper in my experience! Sounds like there is No Official Policy and the LSAs are just making it up depending on how lazy they are! :rolleyes: Sounds like a job for Amtrakman! :help:

Last edited by a moderator:
Everytime Ive ridden the CL East Bound Ive had the opportunity for Breakfast and Brunch in the diner although it wasnt always announced, one had to ask and be in a sleeper in my experience! Sounds like there is No Official Policy and the LSAs are just making it up depending on how lazy they are! :rolleyes: Sounds like a job for Amtrakman! :help:
I agree with you Jim that there is no policy and it depends on who the LSA is on service. On my past two trips on the eastbound CL (Dec 2010 and March 2011), there was never a mention of the word "brunch". There were a train wide announcement for breakfast and a sleeper only annoucement for lunch. The train was running an hour or so late on each occasion. Manny was the LSA in the dining Car by the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back