Norfolk Southern is 1st railroad to give all workers sick time

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am somewhat surprised that they are first getting that benefit …I haven’t been following that story.
When I worked for Amtrak, from the ‘70’s to ‘90’s, we received sick pay allowances, that we could even carry over if not used. But this was for the crafts represented by the Clerks union, not T&E crews…

Norfolk Southern had a big accident so they’re trying to head off government regulations. One of the complaints was time off policy that was reported widely in the news. Fatigued crews, long trains, crew size were the complaints. Of course the accidents was started 25 cars back from the engines and at the time there was three crew in the cab.

I am somewhat surprised that they are first getting that benefit …I haven’t been following that story.
When I worked for Amtrak, from the ‘70’s to ‘90’s, we received sick pay allowances, that we could even carry over if not used. But this was for the crafts represented by the Clerks union, not T&E crews…
Amtrak and the Class One Unions need to up their Negotiating Game!

Back