North Carolina 2 months in a row with record ridership

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I Imagine that awaits the new equipment that is supposed to be on order. Does anyone know what the status is of the new equipment order that was funded a few years ago?
I have a post on here somewhere that also split into some posts about SE High Speed Rail but I think the state is looking at the coming spring of 2023. Someone mentioned federal funds to help start up the 5th run from Charlotte to Greensboro to Raleigh will expire and that is pushing the start date.

I Imagine that awaits the new equipment that is supposed to be on order. Does anyone know what the status is of the new equipment order that was funded a few years ago?
while they got money for 26 coaches and 6 locos I'm not sure if they are ordered
They've got enough locos that if amtrak had enough horizon cars they could run 5-6 sets in service

while they got money for 26 coaches and 6 locos I'm not sure if they are ordered
They've got enough locos that if amtrak had enough horizon cars they could run 5-6 sets in service
In the currently authorized passenger rail expansion program they only talk of the following:

Addition of five refurbished locomotives, nine railcars and two cab control units for expanded Piedmont passenger rail services.

See: NCDOT: Piedmont Improvement Program Projects

I presume anything beyond that would be based on Amtrak acquisition pool.

In the currently authorized passenger rail expansion program they only talk of the following:
that sounds like what they bought a few years before
I presume anything beyond that would be based on Amtrak acquisition pool.
they got fed money of the new cars.
U.S. Transportation Secretary Elaine L. Chao Announces $272 Million in ‘State of Good Repair’ Program Grants | FRA
Following Tillis’ Push, Department of Commerce Awards $80 Million Grant to North Carolina DOT

Back