Northeast Corridor Project (Trainz Railroad Simulator)

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've already made a thread about this project on the Trainz Dicussion Board but I wanted to make one about it here just to get some more eyes on it. And I feel its something you guys might find interesting.

For about a year now, I've been working on recreating the Northeast Corridor in Trainz Railroad Simulator. This hasn't been my first attempt but its definitely my most successful! The project consists of two routes: NEC North and NEC South. The former begins in Boston and the latter begins in Washington, with the hope of joining the two routes around Penn Station. May sound weird but I feel doing it this way has helped in speeding up the process of recreating the entire NEC as its two simultaneous projects being worked on rather than just one. Currently on NEC North, Im west of Old Saybrook approaching New Haven station whilst on NEC South, I recently reached Philadelphia and I'm working on 30th Street Station.

Below I'll include two videos with both routes: a drive thru between Back Bay and Providence on NEC North, and a drive over the Gunpowder River which I had completed. I do plan on making more vids showcasing the two routes but I'll have to wait till I'm off from school in December

Open Rails has the PRR Eastern Region which started as an updated version of the NEC from Philadelphia to Washington provided by the original Train Simulator release, with the addition of Philadelphia to New York, plus Philadelphia - Harrisburg - Pittsburg
I've heard of that route. Though I never played, it did play a role inspiring this project (more so NEC south). I remember watching a video review of Eastern Region when I was 11 and was blown away at how a huge route like that could exist in any train simulator. That, coupled with ride on the Carolinian around that same time frame, made me want to build the NEC in Trainz and possible add extensions like the Keystone and Empire Corridors along with Hartford lines and RF&P subs!

I actually do wanna try playing Eastern Region for real one of these days though

Back