Northeast Regional to DC

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We have reservations to take a Northeast Regional from Boston to DC and return in mid-September. Usually we take an Acela.

My assumption is that masks will be required on the train. We have been fully vaccinated.

Just wondering if anyone in the group has been to DC recently and can tell me what the status is of the museums, etc. Are they mostly open? Is this an ok time to visit?

We are wondering if we should cancel this trip and go a few months from now after more is known about the spread of the Delta variant (and others).

Thanks.

I would go ahead with your plans. Like the flu the Covid virus may be with us for a long time to come. We just got word that National Parks will require people to wear masks within all buildings and Amtrak requires them while onboard the train. We traveled to Glacier last summer and it was pretty much the same . We had a great vacation and wore masks when we had to and went without them when we could. Its a just tiny inconvenience; just a sign of the times!

First, compared to other parts of the country, Covid rates in the Maryland-Virginia-DC area are relatively low.

Second, it seems to me that the response to the increasing cases has been not so much lockdowns and shutdowns, but rather requiring people to wear masks indoors and increasing efforts to get people vaccinated. Nobody's talking yet about requiring people to show their vaccination cards yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if that's not done at some point in the future. As far as eating goes, there's a lot of outdoor dining, and nearly all the eateries, even the upscale ones, offer good takeaway options.

Nobody's talking yet about requiring people to show their vaccination cards yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if that's not done at some point in the future.
Pretty sure I’ve seen articles and posts that have said places around the country are requiring (or are supposed to be requiring) vaccination cards to enter.

Back