Northeast Snowstorm

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hopefully the snow won't be so bad in the wilderness of West Virginia and you make it to your destination without further adventures!

I see a Travel Voucher in your future because of the loss of your room and meals.

Keep up us posted,most of us have been there,done that!
Yup, no regular Amtrak passenger is without a story or three to tell. This is my second "Adventure" to date. Currently enjoying IND's warm hospitality waiting for 50. Too bad the REAL station is a hotel lobby now.

67 rolled into Baltimore this morning, about 15 minutes late. That's a 930 pm departure from Boston.

I'm on 188 heading north. Regionals are running fine, but all the Acela seem to be cancelled.
67 originated in NYP last night, and late because it turned from 66. That's why it was late.
Ask me 15 down isn't all that bad for the amount of time it has to turn.

67 rolled into Baltimore this morning, about 15 minutes late. That's a 930 pm departure from Boston.

I'm on 188 heading north. Regionals are running fine, but all the Acela seem to be cancelled.
67 originated in NYP last night, and late because it turned from 66. That's why it was late.
Ask me 15 down isn't all that bad for the amount of time it has to turn.
I suppose not. Especially with unlike a service disruption due to snow two years ago, they actually brought the equipment through the loop though instead of running the engine around and letting the seats go out backwards. I don't know if they touched up the bathrooms or tidied the coaches though.

Last edited by a moderator:
I mean they could spin seats in station. Not sure how long it would take to spin the seats in 4 or 5 cars. I would imagine not that long since they do it daily in WAS and BOS on the Acela sets. Especially in WAS. Some trainsets arrive just before the top of the hour and go back out on the next one. Example. 2165 turns for 2128. So that set spins in about an hour.

I mean they could spin seats in station. Not sure how long it would take to spin the seats in 4 or 5 cars. I would imagine not that long since they do it daily in WAS and BOS on the Acela sets. Especially in WAS. Some trainsets arrive just before the top of the hour and go back out on the next one. Example. 2165 turns for 2128. So that set spins in about an hour.
But that's not the job of the crew or LSA, the some cars have seats that don't like to rotate properly either, missing the pedal, or whatnot. :p . On that particular example my train was cancelled so I needed to deadhead on 67 and I didn't feel like riding backwards, so I was a nice guy and rotated the seats in the half cafe (the tables were the easy part! ;) )
Edit: Fixed typo.

Last edited by a moderator:
But that's not the job of the crew or LSA, the some cars have seats that don't like to rotate properly either, missing the petal, or whatnot. :p .
Oh I'll fix that with my Septic seats. LOL!!

I traveled back to PVD on Wednesday the 15. Half the trains were cancelled and my train was delayed but I made it.

Back