Not a new member - a new username!

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello,
I've changed my username from frensicpic to TinCan782 to reflect my Navy service.
A "Tin Can" is a nickname for a Navy destroyer.
I served in destroyer #782 - the USS Rowan (DD-782) 1968-1972. Radioman Second Class.
Anchors aweigh!
John
I suppose “the poster formerly known as frensicpic“ doesn’t quite trip off the tongue so well.
All the best.

Hello,
I've changed my username from frensicpic to TinCan782 to reflect my Navy service.
I served in destroyer #782 - the USS Rowan (DD-782) 1968-1972. Radioman Second Class.
Anchors aweigh!
John

Nice change.
Perfect vessel for learning the idiosyncrasies of navigating the aisle in a rocking train car.

How do you change your username? I've been wanting to change it, but I can't figure out how to. Any help would be appreciated!

P.S. Thank you for your service in the Navy! A couple of my railroad brothers served in the Navy, too!
Per AU Rules and Regulations:
Screen Name Changes
We recognize that as time goes by and circumstances change, you may wish to change your Screen Name. To do so, please Personal Message any staff member. If your desired Screen Name has been taken by another member, we will inform you and you can select another name. Screen Names that imply you are a public figure or could easily be confused with an existing, active member will not be approved. Requests to change Screen Names should be infrequent. Frequent requests for Screen Name changes (“frequent” subject to the opinion of staff) will not be honored.

send a PM to @pennyk and @jis

Hello,
Anchors aweigh!
John
Happy to see a fellow tin-can sailor. My first ship was USS Mitscher DDG-35, from 1970-72, going on to the USS Joseph Strauss DDG-16, 1973-1975, then USS Richard L. Page FFG-5, 1978-1981, split tour to USS John King DDG-3, 1981-2, all as a Fire Controlman (FTM (now FC). Broke the mold then, as I got a commission as a CWO2, to USS Mount Baker AE-34. Retired in 1988.

Happy to see a fellow tin-can sailor. My first ship was USS Mitscher DDG-35, from 1970-72, going on to the USS Joseph Strauss DDG-16, 1973-1975, then USS Richard L. Page FFG-5, 1978-1981, split tour to USS John King DDG-3, 1981-2, all as a Fire Controlman (FTM (now FC). Broke the mold then, as I got a commission as a CWO2, to USS Mount Baker AE-34. Retired in 1988.
Nice career Sir! Another TinCan Sailor/ RM-2/ USS Somers,1963-1966

Back