NY Botanical Gardens

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The model train exhibit at the Botanical Gardens in the Bronx is back for its annual holiday season run. Much of the exhibit is made from gathered natural materials and it is quite an achievement.

I love that exhibit, though I have to admit I haven’t gone in a bunch of years. I didn’t stop going for any particular reason, it’s just happened. Since my memory is foggy, can you remind me if it’s always been the case that much of it is made up of natural materials, or if that’s reasonably new?

I won't say always, since I don't know for sure, but they were a client of the company I ran tech services for starting in the late 90s and I believe it was then. Loved going up there. Weird phenomenon in that the area (including the zoo) and Fordham University attracted a very large number of lightening strikes. Finally convinced them to connect PBX remote cabinets with fiber instead of copper.

Sounds similar to the Christmas train display at Chicago Botanical Garden, with representative sculptures of many noted Chicago area buildings made of natural materials incorporated.

Back