NY-MTA: End of the Year, End of an Era R-32 Farewell Trip

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That seems like a good reason for me to head up to New York for a day on Jan. 2 or Jan. 9 to ride one of them. It would give me a chance to start earning AGR TQP for the new year and allow me to spend the $120 voucher I got for my late Capitol Limited. Anyone interested in a meetup?

That seems like a good reason for me to head up to New York for a day on Jan. 2 or Jan. 9 to ride one of them. It would give me a chance to start earning AGR TQP for the new year and allow me to spend the $120 voucher I got for my late Capitol Limited. Anyone interested in a meetup?
With Omicron spreading like Wildfire, especially in New York, you might want to hold off on a trip to the City Joe, even if you're Vaccinated and Wear your Mask.

Experts are predicting another Winter of Discontent here in the US with Hospitilizations and Cases doubling daily and with shutdowns starting in the City again!🤔😷

pixel.gif

Don't commit yet. Most trips on Sunday were cancelled.

From Subchat.com:
Facebook says that the last three trips today were cancelled.

Apparently some kind of vandalism or other untoward activity.

Someone tried to steal a rollsign, someone "smashed" a seat, cops had to forcibly remove someone from the train, from what I read.

Yeah I would also hold off on reservations due to the post above. I heard it was not good at all. I believe the trips are currently suspended.

pixel.gif

Don't commit yet. Most trips on Sunday were cancelled.

From Subchat.com:
Facebook says that the last three trips today were cancelled.

Apparently some kind of vandalism or other untoward activity.

Someone tried to steal a rollsign, someone "smashed" a seat, cops had to forcibly remove someone from the train, from what I read.
What a bummer. Seems like we're going back to the bad old days of the 1970s and early 1980s.
Subway Surfers - New York Subway battles to keep subway surfers away (nysubway.com) (another thing from the 80s that seems to be having a revival.)
Well, I'll have to pay attention to what's happing. I usually don't make reservations until closer to trip time. As for Omricon, we'll see how bad it is in 2 to 4 weeks. I went up there in September 2020, before I was vaccinated. I figure I can wear my mask, stay mostly outdoors and/or away from crowded places, I should be OK. But, yeah, I'll have to see what the experts are saying. I suspect we'll have a nice spike, as people are going to travel for Christmas, anyway, whatever the experts say.

Back