NYC Subway R32s

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Specific runs aren't scheduled by car class, but very few R32's run on the A (the C doesn't serve Howard Beach), while most of the trains on the J/Z are R32's. Go to Jamaica and wait downstairs - if the first train in isn't what you want, the second or third probably will be.

On the A/C combined line when I was in NYC a few years ago, I remember the R32s were usually assigned to local trains. This was around SoHo btw. Can't remember specifically if I was on an A or c train.

As I recall from my 2 past NYC trips (2009 and 2013), I agree with DoB. You won't have to wait long for an R32 equipped train, whether you're on the A/C or J/Z line. Like DoB said, at worse it'd be every other train, unless MTA has quietly begun the process of retiring the R32s already. And I'm under the impression they've kept delaying the retirement of those railcars. I'm amazed those railcars have outlived a few types of R__ railcars(i.e. R38s), that were retired sooner!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back