NYC to Wake Forest

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daybeers

Conductor
I am starting to plan the possibility of visiting someone who attends Wake Forest University in Winston-Salem, NC, which has an Amtrak Thruway connection to the High Point station, where the Carolinian would be the best choice to travel to and from NYC. The Thruway service appears to be run by PART, but their Route 5 ended on October 1st, 2021, and now you can take express route 3 and connect at the transit center to take ther 1 to Winston-Salem, but I don't know how that connects to the University, which is a bit from downtown. Or take route 2 from Greensboro and connect to the 1.

I am unsure if this person has a car, but I doubt it.

The NC by Train website is really well-organized, informative, and easy-to-navigate (should be what Amtrak has), but it hasn't yet updated its page on the Route 5 connector. I've emailed them to ask their advice on the best way to get to Wake Forest. It seems WFU has some shuttle service and vacation service to the airport, but no information I could easily find on connecting to the train station.

If someone could provide some insight, that would be great! Thanks.

Back