Ocean View

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gaspeamtrak

Lead Service Attendant
Just got off #49 this morning at Buffalo, Depew with Amtrak's "Ocean View" last Dome car on th tail end! Not sure if it's going to Albany or Boston?

I wonder where it's going? Anyone have any info?

It was at Chicago on National Train Day as part of the Amtrak display... I was hoping it would be going back to Beech Grove to get that center window replaced... or it would be run on some of the Midwest trains like it was over the fall/winter.

I was the same train as gaspeamtrak. My SCA thought the Great Dome car was going to be

taken to Albany. He offered to take me on a tour of the car, but I told him I had traveled

in the car when it was on the Cardinal (with Rob Tabern & Robert Madison too). I thought

it was odd that the car would be in this part of the country at this time of the year.

Ocean View will be Westbound on 49 5/23 ALB to CHI and west from there, for company use.

Even cars are misnumbered. I was on #92 today (northbound), and the sleeper was numbered on the outside "9110" - the southbound Star - throughout the trip north!
laugh.gif

Even cars are misnumbered. I was on #92 today (northbound), and the sleeper was numbered on the outside "9110" - the southbound Star - throughout the trip north!
laugh.gif
Yeah, that happened on #5 last November. IIRC, at least one of the cars was a 6 from CHI to DEN.

Ocean View will be Westbound on 49 5/23 ALB to CHI and west from there, for company use.
Hmmm... sounds like the center window issue ISN'T going to get fixed anytime soon. I wonder what the real issue is!! There is no way that it could actually take 8+ months to get a specialty window made for the Dome. I say leave the car doing Midwest runs again until it's ready... and get it fixed before the 2012 trips on #68/69 and #50/51.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back