Ohio finally starts the process for new Amtrak service

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chicago - Columbus - Pittsburgh was derailed by hyperloop hype the last round. Let's hope that is dead and buried.
Not one, but two hyperloops in the thing I quoted! Reminds me of the hype over the Foxconn plant in Wisconsin.

I was involved in applying for an economic development grant way back when. The projects range in quality, for sure. Every community that knows about them wants them. In our case, a very good dude I worked for was selling a good idea to a community for it to apply for as ED. The idea ended up getting swiped by another firm with political connections, and never came off.

But the examples here are higher level, driven by states.

I guess the FRA process worked and the hyperloops were weeded out?

10TV (one of the local stations here in Columbus where I am) did a very content-rich news story on how passenger rail could impact Columbus by investigating how it impacts the Bloomington-Normal area.

With plans for passenger rail in Ohio, see how one midwest city capitalizes on it

I loved the tracked-down footage of the last Amtrak train seen in Ohio. I'm hoping that one day, we get past these "studies" and see actual progress starting to happen.

Back