Oklahoma Senator Inhofe Supports Heartland Flyer!

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

7deuceman

Train Attendant
In an article published Tuesday, May 27, 2014, at RailwayAge.com by Douglas John Bowen; I learned that Amtrak's Heartland Flyer service has found some timely and welcomed support from Senator James Inhofe, (R - Oklahoma). Mr. Bowen goes on to explain the details which point out the good Senator's support for Amtrak service to/from Ft. Worth, TX and reaching to Newton, KS with the capabilities to link up with the Amtrak Southwest Chief services to Los Angeles and Chicago, including all regularly serviced intermediate stations.

Please go here for the specific details and more. (I credit Mr.Gene Poon for alerting me and others to this great news via his post at Trainorders.com .)

Personally speaking, I view this event as very encouraging news for all Amtrak supporters and a step in the right direction for Americans who will benefit from the expanded services connecting Texas and Oklahoma with other cities and states. Perhaps now is the time for a coordinated effort by Amtrak supporters to contact their local representatives, expressing (our) collective concerns -- regarding the need for a safe, modern and sustainable nationwide Amtrak service providing convenience and necessity.

Last edited by a moderator:
Forgive my ignorance but who exactly is the Heartland Flyer currently targeting? I recently considered using it to attend a basketball game in Oklahoma City, but even though the station was close to the stadium the train itself arrives so late that I'd miss most of the game anyway. As a result I found the Heartland Flyer service surprisingly impractical.

Forgive my ignorance but who exactly is the Heartland Flyer currently targeting? I recently considered using it to attend a basketball game in Oklahoma City, but even though the station was close to the stadium the train itself arrives so late that I'd miss most of the game anyway. As a result I found the Heartland Flyer service surprisingly impractical.
It is great going from okc to ftw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back