On Time Silver Service

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tourlink99

Train Attendant
I traveled TPA-JAX this weekend using both Meteor and Star. And they were both early! When I asked the Martz thruway bus driver how often does she have to wait for late arrivals she told me they are now usually on time, and often early! She does this route a few days a week so there must be some truth to these comments Along with the clean equipment I was riding and friendly service I encountered, I was more then a little surprised. :rolleyes:

That's good news...but it would be even better if they could extend that success along the rest of the route. So far they have a way to go on that, though I do think some progress has been made.

I have been taking the Silver trains between Philly and Orlando for years. They have always been late, and by hours. The most I personally experienced was 24 hours late!

However, my last round trip they were actually on time (technically a minute or two early). :)

From what I understand, Amtrak and CSX had a high-level meeting a few months ago where they negotiated better usage of the southern CSX tracks. Amtrak adjusted the Silver train's schedule a bit, and as you pointed out, they now actually stick to it.

I am one pretty pleased customer, and I even wrote to Amtrak to tell them that.

I rode the Silver Star between Rocky Mount, NC and West Palm a couple weeks ago. Both trips were on time. I have never before seen the sense of urgency the train crews and sleeping car attendant showed on getting passengers boarded and out on time. Our attendant confirmed CSX and Amtrak were working very hard to run on time. I was almost left in Tampa (checking out the station) as a result.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back