Orlando Station on an early Sunday morning

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JackieTakestheTrain

Lead Service Attendant
Hi.

Quick question: I am taking #98 out of Orlando on Sunday, October 9. I have a sleeper. The train leaves at 1:35 p.m. but I am hitching a ride with someone on their way to the airport super early in the morning, so I will be there actually before the station opens.

Is there any place nearby to have a long leisurely breakfast? Does the train station have a lounge or waiting area for sleeping car passengers?

Thanks!

-- Jackie

p.s. Also, has anyone used Mears Transportation? Are they reliable?

Last edited by a moderator:
No, the station does not have a separate waiting area for sleeper passengers. It has a very basic waiting area with wooden benches that are not too comfortable if you have a boney butt. :lol:

I do not think there are any restaurants in the immediate area that would be open early on a Sunday morning, however, you could walk to Orange Ave on the east side of the hospital and you may find a restaurant. also, the hospital across the street probably has a cafeteria. I cannot vouch for the quality of the food.

Mears transportation is the largest in the area and they are very reliable.

Thanks for the advice, Penny.

And Southern (if I can give you a nickname), I will be in a sleeper so may be our paths will cross. Here's hoping you have a safe journey!

The Jazzy Dog Cafe, which is located directly across the street from the Orlando Amtrak Station, opens at 9:30am on Sundays. I haven't eaten there, so can't *personally* vouch for the food, but the place has a decent rating on Trip Advisor, UrbanSpoon, and other review websites.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back