Orlando Station (vans available)?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

finleyd

Train Attendant
Does anyone know if they still have the vans at the Orlando station to take you to your hotel. I have always used them and feel very safe with them. I will be traveling alone and would prefer not to take an uber or lift.

It might depend on what hotel you're going to. Call the hotel and ask about their shuttle service.

The last time I was at the Orlando station (in February and pre-COVID), the usual van was there. It is not a van specific to a particular hotel, but will generally take passengers to hotels in the tourist district. I live in Orlando and several years ago, I took the van to my home about 2 1/2 miles from the station (which cost less than a cab). The next time I needed a ride, I asked the driver if he would take me to my condo, and he said no because he wanted a longer a trip and would wait to see if any tourists would show up.

Many hotels in the tourist area closed during April and May, but have since reopened since Disney and Universal are open. I am trying to remember the name of the van company so you can contact them directly to see if they are running. If my "senior" brain remembers or I can find it with Google, I will post the name.

Many hotels in the tourist area closed during April and May, but have since reopened since Disney and Universal are open. I am trying to remember the name of the van company so you can contact them directly to see if they are running. If my "senior" brain remembers or I can find it with Google, I will post the name.

Is it Mears? They seem to be the major shuttle service provider in the Orlando area.

Is it Mears? They seem to be the major shuttle service provider in the Orlando area.
Although I believe one can contract with Mears, the van company with a name similar to "Florida van company" (that is not the name but it is something like that) is small and independent. Amtrak permits the van company to park their van in Amtrak's parking lot in a designated spot. The driver, who I recognize as the one who is either always there or usually there, approaches detraining passengers and asks them if they need a ride.

Although I believe one can contract with Mears, the van company with a name similar to "Florida van company" (that is not the name but it is something like that) is small and independent. Amtrak permits the van company to park their van in Amtrak's parking lot in a designated spot. The driver, who I recognize as the one who is either always there or usually there, approaches detraining passengers and asks them if they need a ride.
Yes, that's the one I am talking about, I've used them before. Miguel is the driver that would pick us up. I can't think of the name either. I don't' remember seeing a name on the side of the van. I know it was white.

Yes, that's the one I am talking about, I've used them before. Miguel is the driver that would pick us up. I can't think of the name either. I don't' remember seeing a name on the side of the van. I know it was white.
Yes. I have used Miguel's Van to get dropped off at Orlando International Airport. They are cheaper than Uber, but can sometimes take forever meandering around dropping people off and picking people up at various places en route, and some sometimes not even that much en route.

Back