Orlando Station

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

finleyd

Train Attendant
Does anyone know if the Florida Van Pool vans are still at the station to take you to your hotel. I use to use them all the time but wondering in the Covid world they are still operating.

I was at the Orlando station a few weeks ago and I saw their sign. I assume they are still operating.

IMG_6105.JPG

I was at the Orlando station a few weeks ago and I saw their sign. I assume they are still operating.

View attachment 19408
That sign brings back memories. Back when we used to take Amtrak to Orlando almost every year with our kids, you'd check in early and drop your bags with the agent who'd give you a pass for a van service to a family-oriented arcade and dining complex for dinner. There was a similar sign outside the place for returning to the station. Back then the northbound departed at around 8 pm IIRC, missing last call for dinner in the diner. On return to the station, we'd retrieve our bags using the same pass/claim check (less any checked through) and wait on the platform for the train. I'm not sure which the kids enjoyed more - the arcade or watching the train come in. (I can't be sure it was the same shuttle company, but I have a picture of the sign somewhere.)

Back