Overnight Parking at Buffalo-Depew Station

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AAARGH!

Conductor
I will be taking a round-trip from Buffalo-Depew (BUF) to NYP and back (Maple Leaf going / Empire Service back). I will be leaving my car at the station overnight.

Has anyone had any issues leaving their car at this station overnight?

Thanks.

Has nobody parked overnight (or been to) the Buffalo-Depew station?
Never parked there but have used the station several times. It is in a light industrial, suburban area near the airport. The parking lot is right behind the station and is fully staffed. I can't comment on whether parking is safe or not. I'll be using the station again late Friday night for a trip to Chicago and New Orleans as it provides the lest time-consumming, rail connection from Toronto to NOLA.

Gord

I will be taking a round-trip from Buffalo-Depew (BUF) to NYP and back (Maple Leaf going / Empire Service back). I will be leaving my car at the station overnight.

Thanks.

I left my vehicle there from Wednesday night last week when I went to Chicago and returned on Friday morning and had no trouble. :)

I have parked there for other trips and also had no trouble.

You should be ok.

I regularly park overnight at Buffalo-Depew and have NEVER had any problems.

The station is staffed 24/7, with the last evening train (#49) leaving around midnight and the first train in the morning (#280) leaving around 4:45am.

This past Easter weekend the lots were quite full, but some spaces were always available.

I plan to leave my car at Depew in late June. We will be taking the Maple Leaf to Toronto,overnighting, then catching the Canadian to Vancouver, a Talgo train to Seattle and flying back to Buffalo. Any shuttles or public transportation from the Buffalo Airport to Depew station?

I plan to leave my car at Depew in late June. We will be taking the Maple Leaf to Toronto,overnighting, then catching the Canadian to Vancouver, a Talgo train to Seattle and flying back to Buffalo. Any shuttles or public transportation from the Buffalo Airport to Depew station?
And, if I may: Any shuttles or public transportation from Buffalo City Center to Depew?

Thanks.

There is free parking at the Buffalo/Depew Amtrak.

They have 2 unattended parking lots.

I left my car there for 16 days when I took the train out to Fort Worth.

Car was fine NO PROBLEM!

Place is well lit and station is open 24 hrs.

June B

Thanks.

Did you end up leaving your car overnight at the station? My husband and I are considering taking the train downsouth this fall for a week and we're not sure what to do with our car.

And, if I may: Any shuttles or public transportation from Buffalo City Center to Depew?
The city busses pick up right by the Exchange St. Amtrak Station and run between there and

the Depew stop!I forget the bus # but you can Google it!Are yall going to Niagara Falls while

in Buffalo?Also Lots of Famous ,Great old Buildings there and the light rail/metro isnt bad!City Hall

is a must see for the view from the top! Jim

Last edited by a moderator:

Thanks.

How much is parking per day at DEPEW Buffalo? We are planning a trip in August from Buffalo to NY? How was your experience??? TIA:)

Thanks.

Did you end up leaving your car overnight at the station? My husband and I are considering taking the train downsouth this fall for a week and we're not sure what to do with our car.
Yes, I did leave the car overnight and it is free. No problems whatsoever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back