Overnight parking at Buffalo Depew Station

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m looking for updated information regarding overnight parking at the depew station. I’m planning to go to NYP for four days and need to leave my car there. Is it safe to do so? I’m a new car owner (as in this is my first car I ever had, the car itself is older and used) so I’m very worried about just leaving it overnight for a few days. TIA!

Last edited:
I’m looking for updated information regarding overnight parking at the dewpoint station. I’m planning to go to NYP for four days and need to leave my car there. Is it safe to do so? I’m a new car owner (as in this is my first car I ever had, the car itself is older and used) so I’m very worried about just leaving it overnight for a few days. TIA!
All I have is pre-pandemic experience but we have parked there at least a dozen times, in all seasons for durations between 2 days and 2 weeks, with no problems. Unless something has changed dramatically Depew is a sleepy little town, the Amtrak lot is not particularly apparent unless you know it's there and is well lit, with a middle-of-the-night arrival and multiple slow-moving freights adding to the activity level. Another option is a "park and fly" stay at one of the airport hotels, which are literally 5-10 minutes away by taxi.

Last edited:
All I have is pre-pandemic experience but we have parked there at least a dozen times, in all seasons for durations between 2 days and 2 weeks, with no problems. Unless something has changed dramatically Depew is a sleepy little town, the Amtrak lot is not particularly apparent unless you know it's there and is well lit, with a middle-of-the-night arrival and multiple slow-moving freights adding to the activity level. Another option is a "park and fly" stay at one of the airport hotels, which are literally 5-10 minutes away by taxi.
Thank you!

You should have no problem...I parked at Depew Station for 2 weeks in April as I traveled around the country...saw no issues with parking lot...no shady characters, lots of parking...
Thank you! Were there a lot of cars in the lot when you left it/came back or is it kind of vacant?

Thank you! Were there a lot of cars in the lot when you left it/came back or is it kind of vacant?
I parked at Depew for a week and it was moderately full when I left my vehicle and it was moderately full when I returned. I believe I arrived back at Depew around midnight. Never saw any shady characters or felt unsafe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back