Overnight Parking at Lawrence, Kansas?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fritz

Train Attendant
Anybody know if one can count on overnight parking available at Lawrence Kansas? Taking the SWC west, need to leave a car for one week. I know its listed on the station Amenities, but Google aerial photo doesn't seem to show many spaces. Thanks.

I'd check with the local PD about whether it's safe to leave your car at the Lawrence Amtrak station. Even places that seem pretty safe can be risky. For example, I called the Pasco PD before boarding there, and they said "Oh, no problem at all! Unless you have a Honda Civic..." So I left my Civic (LOL) at a friend's house and got him to take us to the station. I guess they are popular to strip.

Hubby's from Kansas, went to KU in Lawrence, has a brother that lives there. He says it's a bad part of town. We got off at Lawrence just once, and sister-in-law said she was nervous just sitting in her car waiting on the train at that hour of the night. I did not notice any cars at all in the lot, just Mary waiting for us, but then, it was winter.

Back