Overnight seating on Silver Meteor

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MGal

I will not have a travel companion on this 24 hour trip in coach. If I have any say in in the seat assignment, is it better to be in the window seat or the aisle seat? Thanks for any/all replies.

It's not unlike an airplane. Climbing over the aisle seat occupant in the middle of the night is no fun and arguably there is little to see out the window at night. Balance that with the daytime view out the window and the ability to rest against the sidewall while trying to sleep. There is no right answer for every person.

I always want the window seat so I can see out. Even in the middle of the night, if I awaken at a station, I want to be able to peer out and try to see where we are. And with a pillow or a jacket in lieu of pillow, I can rest my head against the window or wall, and I'm more insulated from traffic in the aisle. But there is the issue of having to climb over the person in the aisle seat for trips to restroom or cafe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back