Pacific Parlour Car Glass Partitions

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello all,

Like a lot of people on this forum I really loved the Pacific Parlour Cars and was lucky enough to ride them several times in service on the Coast Starlight. I also work with an organization in Michigan, the Steam Railroading Institute, that bought two of them when they were auctioned off by Amtrak. SRI used them on its North Pole Express in 2019, and intends to keep them in service on various excursions going forward. To that end, we are removing and putting up for sale some of the Amtrak-branded items from the cars. Here is a link to an Ebay Listing for a glass partition from the table sections. 100% of the proceeds will go to keeping the cars in service at SRI for years to come.

Thanks for reading, and I apologize if a post like this isn't allowed.

Steve Wasiura

I would absolutely love it, however the bidding is already out of my range.

I really enjoyed the PPC's and wish Anderson had left them alone. I'm glad to hear they will have a third operating life elsewhere though. I'm not a big fan of collecting railroad hardware but if your excursions return in the future I'd imagine I'm not the only person who might want to know about them.

Hello all,

Like a lot of people on this forum I really loved the Pacific Parlour Cars and was lucky enough to ride them several times in service on the Coast Starlight. I also work with an organization in Michigan, the Steam Railroading Institute, that bought two of them when they were auctioned off by Amtrak. SRI used them on its North Pole Express in 2019, and intends to keep them in service on various excursions going forward. To that end, we are removing and putting up for sale some of the Amtrak-branded items from the cars. Here is a link to an Ebay Listing for a glass partition from the table sections. 100% of the proceeds will go to keeping the cars in service at SRI for years to come.

Thanks for reading, and I apologize if a post like this isn't allowed.

Steve Wasiura
Can you do local pickup?

Back