Paint schemes and F-40's

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
When did the "phase II" paint scheme begin? What would be correct for

the 1976 to 1978 timeframe on eastern trains? When did the first F-40's appear?

Thanks,

CRRBilly

CRRBilly, let me be the first to welcome you to our little forum here. The earliest delivery date I see on the F-40's is March, 19 1976 when units 203 and 205 were delivered. I am guessing (although not 100% sure) that the F-40's debuted the new Phase II paint scheme (just as the P-42's debuted both phase IV, Va and Vb [now that's a feat]). Jim Hebner's website has some pretty good history at the bottom of this webpage. Jim Hebner's site as a whole is pretty good, but he stopped updating it for some reason.

battalion51 said:
CRRBilly, let me be the first to welcome you to our little forum here. The earliest delivery date I see on the F-40's is March, 19 1976 when units 203 and 205 were delivered. I am guessing (although not 100% sure) that the F-40's debuted the new Phase II paint scheme (just as the P-42's debuted both phase IV, Va and Vb [now that's a feat]). Jim Hebner's website has some pretty good history at the bottom of this webpage. Jim Hebner's site as a whole is pretty good, but he stopped updating it for some reason.
And III...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back