Parking at BNL

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bierboy

OBS Chief
According to another thread, long-term parking at the Amtrak station in Bloomington, Ill. is $8/day (or $40/month). Are there any other less expensive options for long-term parking within walking distance of the station?

Last edited by a moderator:
During the building process of the new BNL station, the Pantagraph stated there would be a free parking lot about a block from the station. Now that the building is finished, there is complete silence about free parking and, if it exists, I don't know where it is located. Access to the old free parking lot across the tracks is blocked.

According to this page on the Normal, IL website, free long-term parking is available on the top level of the new parking structure for bus/train passengers.

Yes, we're leaving from BNL next week, and when I called the station, I was told that there was free long term parking on the upper level of College Deck Parking about one block away. You just need to present your parking ticket and train stub (as proof of travel) when you return, and they'll give you a voucher for the parking deck.

Cindy

Thank you, Eric and Cindy. I'm relatively new to Central Illinois and I thought Uptown Station was on College Avenue. My neighbor recently paid for 9 days at the Uptown Station parking lot and neither one of us knew about the availability of a free lot.

According to this page on the Normal, IL website, free long-term parking is available on the top level of the new parking structure for bus/train passengers.
Yes, we're leaving from BNL next week, and when I called the station, I was told that there was free long term parking on the upper level of College Deck Parking about one block away. You just need to present your parking ticket and train stub (as proof of travel) when you return, and they'll give you a voucher for the parking deck.

Cindy

I also mistakenly thought the College Ave parking structure referred to the Uptown Station parking structure. I should have read that more closely and/or checked a map when I made my earlier post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back